Head Coach Academic Showcase Camp
Dates: July 16–17, 2018
Questions? 1-888-313-7469 ext. 102
289 SPACES REMAINING
Showball has reshaped the landscape of the recruiting process as we are offering all student-athletes the unique opportunity to be instructed and seen by up to 40 elite head coaches from top academic programs.
Since most head coaches rarely attend showcase camps, the Showball Head Coach Academic Camp is a rare and unique opportunity to showcase your talents to the ultimate decision-makers, while positioning yourself to play at a top academic program.
The following 40 coaches have committed to the Head Coach Academic Showcase Camp, July 16, 2018. Barring the college coaches being terminated from their programs, accepting positions at other schools or last second family emergencies, we guarantee their attendance!
|Amherst College||Head Coach Brian Hamm||III (NCAA)||Amherst, MA||Website|
|Brown University||Head Coach Grant Achilles||I (NCAA)||Providence, RI||Website|
|Bucknell University||Head Coach Scott Heather||I (NCAA)||Lewisburg, PA||Website|
|Catholic University of America||Associate Head Coach Bobby Picardo||III (NCAA)||Washington, DC||Website|
|Colby College||Head Coach Dale Plummer||III (NCAA)||Waterville, ME||Website|
|Cornell University||Head Coach Dan Pepicelli||I (NCAA)||Ithaca, NY||Website|
|Davidson||Head Coach Dick Cooke||I (NCAA)||Davidson, NC||Website|
|Fordham University||Head Coach Kevin Leighton||I (NCAA)||Bronx, NY||Website|
|George Washington University||Dave Lorber||I (NCAA)||Washington, DC||Website|
|Hamilton College||Head Coach Tim Byrnes||III (NCAA)||Clinton, NY||Website|
|Harvard University||Head Coach Bill Decker||I (NCAA)||Cambridge, MA||Website|
|Hofstra University||Head Coach John Russo||I (NCAA)||Hempstead, NY||Website|
|Johns Hopkins University||Associate Head Coach Jonas Fester||III (NCAA)||Baltimore, MD||Website|
|La Salle University||Head Coach David Miller||I (NCAA)||Newtown, PA||Website|
|Lafayette College||Head Coach Joe Kinney||I (NCAA)||Easton, PA||Website|
|Lehigh University||Head Coach Sean Leary||I (NCAA)||Bethlehem, PA||Website|
|Marist College||Head Coach Chris Tracz||I (NCAA)||Poughkeepsie, NY||Website|
|Middlebury College||Head Coach Mike Leonard||III (NCAA)||Middlebury, VT||Website|
|MIT||Associate Head Coach Todd Carroll||III (NCAA)||Cambridge, MA||Website|
|Northwestern University||Head Coach Spencer Allen||I (NCAA)||Evanston, IL||Website|
|New York University||Head Coach Doug Kimbler||III (NCAA)||New York, NY||Website|
|Penn State University||Head Coach Rob Cooper||I (NCAA)||University Park, PA||Website|
|University of Pennsylvania||Mike Santello (Recruiting Coordinator)||I (NCAA)||Philadelphia, PA||Website|
|University of Pennsylvania||Head Coach John Yurkow||I (NCAA)||Philadelphia, PA||Website|
|Pomona-Pitzer Colleges||Head Coach Frank Pericolosi||III (NCAA)||Claremont, CA||Website|
|Princeton University||Head Coach Scott Bradley||I (NCAA)||Princeton, NJ||Website|
|Quinnipiac University||Head Coach John Delaney||I (NCAA)||Hamden, CT||Website|
|University of Richmond||Head Coach Tracy Woodson||I (NCAA)||Richmond, VA||Website|
|University of Rochester||Head Coach Joe Reina||III (NCAA)||Rochester, NY||Website|
|Roger Williams University||Head Coach Jason Tower||III (NCAA)||Bristol, RI||Website|
|Rutgers University||Associate Head Coach Phil Cundari||I (NCAA)||New Brunswick, NJ||Website|
|Stevens Institute of Technology||Head Coach Kristaps Aldins||III (NCAA)||Hoboken, NJ||Website|
|SUNY New Paltz||Head Coach Arlan Freeman||III (NCAA)||New Paltz, NY||Website|
|Towson University||Head Coach Matt Tyner||I (NCAA)||Towson, MD||Website|
|Trinity College (CT)||Head Coach Bryan Adamski||III (NCAA)||Hartford, CT||Website|
|Tufts University||Head Coach John Casey||III (NCAA)||Medford, MA||Website|
|University of Massachusetts||Head Coach Matt Reynolds||I (NCAA)||Amherst, MA||Website|
|Villanova University||Head Coach Kevin Mulvey||I (NCAA)||Villanova, PA||Website|
|Wagner College||Head Coach Jimmy Carone||I (NCAA)||Staten Island, NY||Website|
|Williams College||Head Coach Bill Barrale||III (NCAA)||Williamstown, MA||Website|
|Yale University||Head Coach John Stuper||I (NCAA)||New Haven, CT||Website|
Name: Medford Athletic Complex
Address: 2151 Horseblock Road, Medford, NY, United States
- Each team will consist of approximately 14-16 players which includes all position players and pitchers.
- Each team is limited to approximately (3) Middle Infielders, (1-2) First basemen, (1-2) Third basemen, (3-4) Outfielders, (2) Catchers, and (4-5) Pitchers. We limit the number of players per team so that each participant has ample opportunity to impress the coaches.
- Verbal feedback and interaction from college coach
- Hands-on interaction and elite instruction from 40 college coaches
- Receive one-on-one verbal evaluation / feedback from a college coach
Date: July 16, 2018
Location: Medford Athletic Complex
- All players will participate in extensive offensive / defensive workouts, drills, evaluations and instructional work.
- Fundamentals and defensive drills for all positions.
- Position players have the option to be seen at both their primary and secondary positions.
- Primary pitchers with a secondary position will work out and be evaluated at their secondary positions both offensively and defensively.
- If you’re a primary position player and “Pitcher” is your secondary position, you’ll throw a bullpen session in front of the coaches at the end of the session.
Date: July 17, 2018
Location: Medford Athletic Complex
- All teams will play 2 games while being coached and evaluated by all schools in attendance.
- Constant instruction and verbal feedback from college coaches.
- One-on-one verbal feedback / evaluation from a college coach..
- While position players “might” play their secondary positions during games, players are only guaranteed to play their primary positions.
- Primary pitchers will pitch in both games.
- Primary pitchers will not play the field and will not hit during games.
To receive the Showball rate:
- Call hotel reservations:
- Reference Block ID:
- This is the one of the largest gathering of College Baseball Coaches in the United States.
- All College coaches are in attendance the ENTIRE camp.
- With a collection of top coaches from Division I, II & III colleges in attendance, your odds of playing college baseball drastically increase.
- All coaches will be actively providing the evaluations, workouts, instructional work , and coaching for the entire camp.
- Put yourself in a position to succeed.
All players are required to bring their baseball equipment (baseball gloves, batting gloves, bats, helmets, and catcher’s equipment), baseball pants, socks, belts and cleats. We recommend wearing white pants, red socks and a red belt. Jerseys and hats will be provided at check-in. After the 1st day of the camp, all players must show up to camp in full uniform with shirts tucked in and with hats on properly.
Please be advised that there are two different start times on day 1. Half of the campers will be required to check in at 7am while the other half of the campers will be required to check in around 12:30pm. Each group will workout for approximately 5-6 hours.
On day 2, the start and end times are contingent upon your team’s scheduled games. Please be prepared for your 2nd game to end as early as 1pm or as late as 7pm.
Read all Frequently Asked Questions…